Build Your Own House

The ultimate website for owner builders & DIYers
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:31 pm 

SmileyH wrote:
Grr! Paperwork!
:evil: Well things are progressing toward settlement but not without hiccups. I expected things all to be right to go but thanks to papers getting lost in the mail and people not talking to people, there have been a few anxious moments. We should still be settled on the 9th October. My mistake, believing others had it under control. I thought I'd make a few calls, found the issues and sorted them out. I have everyone involved on a tight leash now. All must report to Sargeant Smiley!

sorry had to laugh our settlement was 9 weeks late so i know the feeling we were terrified it would all fall through but of course it didnt. good luck sergent smiley lol

Post subject: EEEK!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:05 pm 

:? OK we seem to be one of those people you sellers hate... we've had to delay settlement because our initial finance fell through [too full on to elaborate] but tomorrow it all happens :D :D - and it's kind of worked out better for us in the end with the PM giving us double the 1st homebuyers today so for all the anxiety and unhappiness caused by the delay its finally appears to have had it's benefits. :D :D

Post subject: Re: EEEK!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:17 pm 

SmileyH wrote:
:? OK we seem to be one of those people you sellers hate... we've had to delay settlement because our initial finance fell through [too full on to elaborate] but tomorrow it all happens :D :D - and it's kind of worked out better for us in the end with the PM giving us double the 1st homebuyers today so for all the anxiety and unhappiness caused by the delay its finally appears to have had it's benefits. :D :D

hey smiley hate to be the bearer of bad news but the extra gov grant is only for contracts signed on or after the 14th october as you would have already signed your contract a couple of months ago you unfortunately miss out on the extra. :evil: typical gov rules theres always a catch ss hun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:31 pm 

sorry smiley you said there was already an old house on the land so i assumed you have applied for the home owners grant on the old house.as you are purchasing a property not vacant land then the home owners grant would of started when contracts were signed but we didnt get our home owners grant till we settled on the house so maybe you will qualify may pay to give them a call to make sure their number is 132161mon-tues-thurs-fri 8.30-4.30
weds 8.30-1pm only
i hope you get lucky with them cheers shelley

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:14 am 

I haven't signed the contract yet - I've had it here for a while but I was too worried about finances so I put off signing it - all solicitors were fine with me holding on to it for a while and were happy to wait for the all clear and we'll rush it through. So we are still eligible. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:38 am 

SmileyH wrote:
I haven't signed the contract yet - I've had it here for a while but I was too worried about finances so I put off signing it - all solicitors were fine with me holding on to it for a while and were happy to wait for the all clear and we'll rush it through. So we are still eligible. :D

wow thats fantastic congrats hun all good things come to those who wait lol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:22 am 

Hi Smiley!

How have you gone with building your shed house? Did you have much trouble with the floods over the last 6 months or so?

My partner and I are just starting to look for some land around Bendigo and are thinking about building a shed house. We would love to know how you went with it and the council!

Thanks, Melissa