Build Your Own House

The ultimate website for owner builders & DIYers
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:57 pm 

well no sparky again this week the janurary floods have caused havoc getting tradies around here but one thing were not short on is MICE omg literally millions of them we killed 33 in half a day we gave up at 1pm we figured they won.
well the paintings pretty much done a few bits n pieces but here are the pics.

the hallway feature wall

master bedroom feature wall

the kitchen feature wall

then we got our vanity and huge reverse cycle a/c 7.5kw

then we finally done our bunnings laundry cupboards and omg their absolutely gorgeous we do the kitchen tomorrow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:35 pm 

bingoshelley - have the mice carried you off???? Dying to know if you've managed to move in yet?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:34 am 

lol terry dam mice so over them but took all the poison and traps out and what do you know theyve slowed right down guess we were basically feeding them so now the nabors can have them back.
well were still waiting on our electrician but he came over today to look around and
its definately monday and finished by wed which means we move in wed night
woooohooooo ive finished tiling the laundry and we install the kitchen tomorrow so excited cant wait to
see my benchtops they will be here around 4pm tomorrow so next week is it
the big day has finally arrived still heaps to do but will be easier to get motivated
once living there. will take some pics real soon.yipppeeeeeeeeeee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:05 pm 

ok bit of an update
sparky didnt come on the monday grrr so went and seen him yet again and was told
we will be there tues and wont leave till we finish yeah so tues the apprentice turns up works 5 hrs got a few lights in a few points in then leaves next day i have to go to bendigo for my final doctors appointment for my leg yippee get to bendigo 134kms only to be told ummm its next wed love grrrrrrrr some shopping therapy and im ok drive home ready to move into new house but still no sparky hmmm ok lets just move in anyway run an extension cord through window a few plug boards joined together fridge on tv on (video only) lamp on all sweet. thursday apprentice turns up for another 5 hrs a few more lights a few more points but still no power. monday comes no sparky tues no sparky not happy jan. weds back to bendigo for docs oh lets see u need another op on your leg oh just ffffffffff wonderful. back home still no sparky finally thurs 3pm apprentice turns up gone by 5.30pm in the meantime we decide to install all the downlights to save time luckily it did but we stopped for lunch and i unplugged the extension lead and zapppp firrrre ouch yep electrocuted and burnt my hand could this get any worse lol luckily only minor burns to my left palm and a nice free frizzy hair do lol
we have no idea how long the sparky will be but we have a new extension cord and not running the tv anymore just the fridge and a light just in case.
on a brighter note the kitchens in and looks amazing master bedrooms done sons rooms done toilet nearly done and even living like luxury campers is way better then living with mice.
i have a tonne of pics to upload and have been trying for days but they just wont work no idea why ive tried photobucket and flikr but no luck
hopefully we will have proper power by the weekend and i can figure out pics grrrrrrr might have to email them to one of you guys to put them on here lol
anyway im buggered so off to bed now

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:44 pm 

we have power woohooo and a cooktop and oven roast pork tomorrow omg so good to finish camping and we have tv too but no heater till next week but all good woohooo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 pm 

Congratulations!! It must feel fantastic to finally be living in your own place that you built yourself and can thumb your nose at the banks!! (Perhaps I should take up playing bingo!!)
Now everyone else - all together: "We want pix....we want pix..."!!! lol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:13 pm 

Yer what Terry said.... Well done Shelley, you should be so bloody proud of yourself :D

Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:37 pm 

Sounds like you have had a crazy couple of weeks. Great to hear that you have moved in and the power is getting sorted. I bet that roast pork will taste extra good :D .

If you are still having trouble with the photo's after the weekend I'd be more than happy to post them up if you want to email them to blueyrammed@yahoo.com.au. I'd love to see the progress as well.

Bluey.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:46 am 

Congratulations on your move Shelley next stop final completion

Cheers Ray

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:21 am 

haha terry you have no idea how crazy im going not neing able to get pics up lol
thx steve its a pretty good feeling
thx bluey just tried to send pics via email grrr not working there either so i guess its my pc grrrr
thx ray its been a long hard slug but we made it woohooo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:27 pm 

Shelley - I remember you saying somewhere in one of your early posts that you did your own conveyancing. Did you use a kit? Remember who from and how much? Was it reasonably easy to do? I'm tossing up whether to try doing my own (not only to save money but to 'have a go'!! I like to have a go at new things to try and understand them.)
ps - took another tip from you and just bought "Building Your Own Home" online from CSIRO!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:51 am 

wow time certainly flies by when you move in lol
we still dont have heating or water the sparky is ment
to come next week to finish off a few things
we are slowly getting there most of the major work is done
just a few odd jobs everywhere lol
yayyyyyyy i got pics to work at 2am this morn lol
so these are from a few weeks back will take more
up to date ones very soon enjoy

the master bedroom

our 1st light switch lol

our 1st powerpoint

the kitchen started

laundry nearly done

toilet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:57 am 

bathroom started

and my masterpiece artwork totally handmade by me lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:24 am 

well the sparky came replaced 2 downlight globes and
installed the smoke detector
which is the ugliest thing ive ever seen but i was
busy at the time he put it in so didnt see it till he left
but when he comes back to do the heating he can change that ugly big saucer thing lol
finally finished grouting and sealing the laundry today
and im loving it still have to put in sink and tap but its awesome

the laundry light/fan

laundry door and window with slimline venetians in black

and the cupboards from all angels love my handles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:30 am 

Terry wrote:
Shelley - I remember you saying somewhere in one of your early posts that you did your own conveyancing. Did you use a kit? Remember who from and how much? Was it reasonably easy to do? I'm tossing up whether to try doing my own (not only to save money but to 'have a go'!! I like to have a go at new things to try and understand them.)
ps - took another tip from you and just bought "Building Your Own Home" online from CSIRO!!

sorry terry just saw this post i never used a kit just basically went to the titles office and paid $76 (from memory) to get a transfer of title for the land rang council made sure land rates were paid and that was pretty much it. no solicitor nothing just $76 a trip to melb and that was it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next